N.O.R.E. - Set It Off [Babygrande Records]

10:44 PM, 27 Aug 2007
Download this Release here: whitelabel.net
Osiris 9:56 AM 28 August 2007
Yeah, I can rock this! Dope stuff.
Kool DJ Sheak One 4:34 PM 28 August 2007
Damn, shit sounds mad hectic.
Swizzys formula is a little to redundant lately.
Same exact structure and style as: Tamborine and or Money in the Bank.
With dude saying some shit on the hook.
Might work well at the club once it is drilled into peoples minds that this is supposed to be good.
I think Swizz is just on some old "I can't do no wrong" trip and just putting out some "whatever" beats.
This track is more likely to give someone a seizure than a good time.
nik39 12:28 AM 29 August 2007
Agree with Sheak on the typical Swiss style. But hey - that his current production style. I like his current productions. The track itself, however, is just average and a little boring, even when it is hectic.
DJ C.A.P 5:39 PM 1 September 2007
I thoguht it was o.k. I'm becoming a n.o.r.e fan less and less
boabmatic 10:53 PM 11 September 2007
not really feelin it for the same reason as sheak one & nik
dave 10:34 PM 23 September 2007
Despite most comments here not being too positive – and the lack of comments at all for this release – Set It Off has been downloaded more than any other Whitelabel release over the last month.

What's more, each of the 3 versions have been downloaded more than any other track... i.e. the dirty, instrumental, and the radio version have all been downloaded more than the Klaxons remix, or Spinna's Tortured Soul remix, or anything on Whitelabel.net.

Just goes to show, the comments don't necessarily reflect the popularity of a release.
Osiris 8:38 PM 24 September 2007
Quote:
Despite most comments here not being too positive – and the lack of comments at all for this release – Set It Off has been downloaded more than any other Whitelabel release over the last month.

What's more, each of the 3 versions have been downloaded more than any other track... i.e. the dirty, instrumental, and the radio version have all been downloaded more than the Klaxons remix, or Spinna's Tortured Soul remix, or anything on Whitelabel.net.

Just goes to show, the comments don't necessarily reflect the popularity of a release.

True... I stand by my previous comment-- I like it... And it's getting airplay around here as well. It just might take a few listens for some.
qim 10:14 PM 25 September 2007
Very hot Track, I will play that shit.
dj disturbed 8:16 AM 26 September 2007
its an ok track... but im still on the fence about it. I dont hear anyhting that REALY makes me like it... but at the same time I dont disslike it
Evillincoln 9:34 PM 17 November 2007
Well this jawn has apparently been up here a MINNIT & some change & it got literally NO airplay here in LA. Not like LA is the end all be all.. far from it as far as radio is concerned but this track should have done SOMETHING... a few spins by Felle.. some spins on KDAY since they'll play anything good or bad... but nothing.
Honestly tho' it doesn't matter WHAT we think as DJ's. On the real as long as it gets airplay we'll spin it... no DJ nowadays 'breaks' records anymore unless you're 'that guy' and ain't nobody on here that guy. lol
I'll play it as a party starter but honestly it's not gonna' be a killer over here until the FM waves start playing it.
Sad state of affairs...
dj disturbed 9:56 PM 17 November 2007
Quote:
Well this jawn has apparently been up here a MINNIT & some change & it got literally NO airplay here in LA. Not like LA is the end all be all.. far from it as far as radio is concerned but this track should have done SOMETHING... a few spins by Felle.. some spins on KDAY since they'll play anything good or bad... but nothing.
Honestly tho' it doesn't matter WHAT we think as DJ's. On the real as long as it gets airplay we'll spin it... no DJ nowadays 'breaks' records anymore unless you're 'that guy' and ain't nobody on here that guy. lol
I'll play it as a party starter but honestly it's not gonna' be a killer over here until the FM waves start playing it.
Sad state of affairs...

ummmm... I used to do stuff with a radio station at one of the club i worked at..... ANYTHING that was hot that we played that night you were sure to hear on their station within 2 days... but with that being said..... I have seen it take almost a year before a good tune on a record pool hits the airwaves
DJ Wizdom 1:33 PM 22 May 2008
I played this track on Saturday and it didn't get a great response from the crowd. Partially because I didn't have a great transition to it. Granted the track is slow and kind of a hype song. I love N.O.R.E. but this didn't go over well on the first run through. I have to give it another go.
andosguy 1:16 PM 17 October 2008
i don't know y so many negative comments but i lovin this song, downloadin it once i get home :)
Redi2roc 10:08 AM 24 January 2009
nore is back!! great tune! positive feedback in my area.
DJ Anywhere 6:49 PM 30 May 2009
def a sick track. gonna rock it tonight.

To participate in this discussion, we need a few basic details from you.

English · 日本語