Afrika Bambaataa vs. DJ Soul Slinger - Fire (Original Bambaataa) [Jungle Sky]

4:48 AM, 29 Apr 2008
Download this Release here: whitelabel.net
MK 12 4:59 PM 30 April 2008
Tough beats on this... Loving it. Big up Bambaataa for getting RUFF in the jungle with Soul Slinger. Will play this tonight and see how it goes. I give it 8/10... Proper... Many thanks.
Detroitbootybass 3:48 AM 6 May 2008
Not too bad from what I heard on the soundclip... decent enough for me to download, but the snippet I heard hasn't made my panties wet yet (though i'll give it a full listen in a short while).
DjViktorVibe 3:33 PM 6 June 2008
I took a listen to this track. I like the beats this song has. I will give the song a tonight and see what everyone thinks, even though the club I DJ in is more along the lines of hip hop I can drop this. I give it a 8/10.
DjViktorVibe 3:34 PM 6 June 2008
I took a listen to this track. I like the beats this song has. I will give the song a try tonight and see what everyone thinks, even though the club I DJ in is more along the lines of hip hop I can drop this. I give it a 8/10.
kid90nz 8:26 AM 8 July 2008
Not entirely my thing, but Bambaataa and DJ Soul Slinger? Two decent artists in their own right joining forces. How could you say no?
Kool DJ Sheak One 8:37 PM 9 July 2008
I went to see Bam at the Viper Room about 10 years ago and he was playing nothing but jungle music.
Dude is so far ahead, nobody can see him artistically. He is always in the future. I got to talk to him a bit after the show and give my respects to the Zulu Nation leader. I was just so satisfied to know that he was playing stuff that I had gotten into a few years before and his playing it kind of certified drum & bass' credentials for me. Because D&B is such a bastard child of everything that I like,and it's a logical progression of someone who likes breaks would listen to.
So it is not a suprise to see Bam hook up with Soul Slinger to do some crazy shit.
And that's what it sounds like, unfortunately.
I can just see Soul comin' to the studio with some mushrooms and him and Bam just buggin' the hell out to this track for hours. And only recording 7 minutes of it.
Not really structured, not jungle. But it's cool for what it is. These guys don't have to prove anything and they're just having fun.

They are on a Funkadelic trip for sure.

Peace Aki
shiestO! 6:40 PM 16 July 2008
Quote:
I went to see Bam at the Viper Room about 10 years ago and he was playing nothing but jungle music.
Dude is so far ahead, nobody can see him artistically. He is always in the future. I got to talk to him a bit after the show and give my respects to the Zulu Nation leader. I was just so satisfied to know that he was playing stuff that I had gotten into a few years before and his playing it kind of certified drum & bass' credentials for me. Because D&B is such a bastard child of everything that I like,and it's a logical progression of someone who likes breaks would listen to.
So it is not a suprise to see Bam hook up with Soul Slinger to do some crazy shit.
And that's what it sounds like, unfortunately.
I can just see Soul comin' to the studio with some mushrooms and him and Bam just buggin' the hell out to this track for hours. And only recording 7 minutes of it.
Not really structured, not jungle. But it's cool for what it is. These guys don't have to prove anything and they're just having fun.

They are on a Funkadelic trip for sure.

Peace Aki

good to know he was on some drum and bass shit. i knew i was future! lol. i never understand why hip hop people don't like dnb. it IS DOUBLE SPEED HIP HOP. for real take an 86 bpm hip hop instrumental and double it and you have early dnb.

the breaks.

To participate in this discussion, we need a few basic details from you.

English · 日本語